Monday, August 25, 2008

KAPIC

It`s been hard to want to blog these days due to the fact that I can only really use internet in the office. It seems that it will be at least 2 weeks before I can finally get internet set up in my apartment.

Last week, the new JETs in Kagoshima prefecture had our orientation in Kagoshima city in Monday, then on Tuesday most of us went to the cultural center in Kanoya known as KAPIC. It was rather fun to spend so much time with other JETs in the prefecture. The area where KAPIC was located was also very beautiful (pictures to come when I have internet at the apartment.) At the same time, I was also pretty tired the whole time.

On Saturday, I went with Aya (IchikiKushikino city, Kagoshima prefecture native/Japanese little sister), Jenny (Prefecture ALT who also lives in Ijuuin Town), and Kathryn (a couple hours up North of us) to a big fireworks festival. We all put on yukata at Jenny`s place, so we got a lot of attention walking around. It was far more crowded than I expected and it got pretty crazy (frightening even) in the crowd when it began to rain. It was nothing like people themselves were going crazy, but I felt nervous around so many people crowded together with umbrellas and children here and there.

The fireworks show itself was very nice, though. There were some breaks and I don`t really know why those were in there, but a fireworks lasted a long time.

Yesterday I went out shopping. Grocery was a good part of it, but I also bought a new chair and a new kitchen towel holders because both of those things were broken. I found a pretty neat store where things are not only cheap, but also (badly) translated into English. I decided that when I get things like cleaning supplies where it would be good to know directions, I`ll try to buy from that store so I have a much better chance of understanding correctly.

This morning, I was -not- ready to get up when I did. It`s Monday and I already feel like I could use another weekend.

Tomorrow, I believe, Aya`s relative who sells cars is going to be coming by the office to show me a car. I really hope that I don`t feel pressured to make a decision about it too soon...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP