Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sports Day and typhoons

So I went to my first school Sports Festival at one of my middle schools on Sunday. Probably due to the timing of my first visit to the school, I didn`t get to participate. Actually, it turned out no one quite knew I was even attending.

It was still a lot of fun. Probably the event that was the most fun to watch was the relay races. One especially fast or slow person can change the outcome of the race so much. It was fun when two teams were neck to the neck during the whole duration. But, on the other hand, I felt sorry for the team that was lapped.

I definitely don`t consider myself to be very athletic, but I really do want to participate in a Sports Day event next year.

Although if the event occurs in the rain as it did this time, I might consider taking that back (although I probably won`t).

There`s a typhoon coming, so we`ve been getting A LOT of rain lately. I don`t really QUITE understand how big it is and what it could mean for me, but I`m looking into it whenever I have the chance. We did have a typhoon since I`ve arrived here and I`ve been in the edges of typhoons before, but something seems different this time. Anyway, it should be arriving around Wed/Thurs and everything should be fine. :)

Lately, I`ve been getting a little tired of eating rice and noodles so much. So, the other night, I bought bratwurst, hot dog buns, mustard, and beans and had a very not-Japanese dinner. It was nice and it felt really good to show myself that I really do have a lot of options of what to eat here even though sometimes it doesn`t seem like it.

I still have no internet at my apartment, but I`ll get to the bottom of it.

2 comments:

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron)

All so crazy. You talking about a typhoon and I'm still wrapping my mind about how far away you are.
I know it'll be fine but I'll do a prayer for you anyway, probably couldn't hurt ;).

Unknown

Typhoon. The word typhoon just makes me laugh. I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP