Monday, October 27, 2008

Myoenji festival

Last weekend, there was a festival here in Ijuin. Part of the festival took place just across the street from my apartment building. It was fun to have so many people and so many things happening around where I live.

On the first day, I wandered down to see the festivities a few times, but mostly spent my time sitting in my living room area on the computer with my window open so that I could hear if something interesting was going on outside. Near the end of the day, some other JETs came along and I found myself on a quest to find a place to eat cake (I am not sure how this happened.) Anyway, it was good to hang out with people.

Yesterday, the festival had a lot more going on and there were a lot more people around. It was really exciting. My students were just about everywhere. There were also a lot of other JETs around, so I didn`t end up returning to my apartment out of slight boredom as I had the previous day.

Anyway, I uploaded some new pictures. To see them, click on the "Photos" tab at the top of the page.
I also took videos of various things, which I will share in some form sometime soon.
I have a lot going on this week (parties and work). That`s probably why I wrote this blog now even though I am rather tired.
I`m sure that I will be EXHAUSTED by the end of this week.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP