Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The meat smell, the tents, and lack of waves

Now that the humidity outside has died down, I`ve been hanging clothes to dry outside rather than inside. At first, I didn`t like the smell the clothes carry after being hung outside, but I am getting used to it.

It`s kind of like smoky, meat-like smell. I don`t know why but since I moved here, I`ve thought that this town carries a strange scent that makes me think of meat (but -not- in an appetizing way, though.)

There`s a festival coming up in my town. I guess it`s this weekend, but tents have been up for it nearby my apartment building since last weekend.

What`s kind of neat about the tents being up is that the pictures my predecessor sent of the view of the apartment balcony had tents in the same place. It wasn`t like I was really expecting to see the tents when I first physically looked off the balcony myself, but seeing the bare area kind of made me... well, not "sad", really, but a little disappointed. (lol) But now the tents are back!

I finally got to go to the beach last weekend. It wasn`t at all as pretty as Monterey. The water looked gross and there was a wave breaker for people who want to swim (my Monterey raised mind says "HA!") in the ocean. Still, though, it was good to finally see ocean more than just a 2 second or so view from a car.

1 comments:

Unknown

It is comforting to see the ocean, isn't it? It's weird, I never liked the ocean when I lived close to it. But I'm happy to see it when I come back home. Very odd.

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP