Saturday, December 13, 2008

Not much to say

It's Saturday here, a little more than 15 minutes before it's Sunday.

I haven't posted anything yet this week. Not because I haven't wanted to, but rather I was unsure of what exactly to say.

Life has been pretty uneventful.

I'm going to Tokyo on the 21st and I will be there until January 3rd. I am glad I made a decision about what to do for Christmas and New Years. As the days roll by and the holidays get closer, I realize more how difficult it will be for me to be away from California.

I didn't really expect to feel like that. I thought that at most I would miss my family's tacky gift exchange. I learned otherwise when I was standing in line to mail Christmas packages to people back in California and I found myself getting a little upset.

What was kind of funny (in a not so funny way) was yesterday while I was at one of my middle schools, one of the English teachers came up to me and started talking to me about how Christmas is such a family holiday overseas, like in the US and England. He kept talking about how it is so important for people overseas to be with their families and I wished he'd realize that I -am- a person from overseas away from my family and that he would just stop talking about it.

But- feeling weird and a little bit upset on and off about being away from the holidays, doesn't mean that I am not ok or that I wish that I wasn't here. I won't regret being here in Japan instead of the US, either.

I am glad that even though I thought my first Christmas away from home wouldn't be too big of a deal, I still arranged for myself to go somewhere so that I can distract myself with meeting people and moving around. I guess it turns out I'm pretty good at watching out for myself even when I am not 100% sure what's going on in my head.

So, if anyone wanted a psychoanalysis about how I feel about having this first Christmas away, here it is. I don't really want to say anymore because I don't really want to think about it more. There's no point to that besides getting upset because that won't change things. I want to stay in and enjoy the present.

This is rather mushy and probably something that should rather go on my other blog.

Something relating to this blog, however, is that since I will be out of town for about 2 weeks starting the 21st (Sunday), there might not be weekly updates here. I know I'm not very reliable about them yet, anyway.

2 minutes until Sunday. I'm posting this.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP