Friday, January 30, 2009

Famous?

Today I had only two class periods at one of my elementary schools.

I had three second grade classes in the second period and the other two classes in the third.

I was walking with one of the teachers to the building where we were going to have the first lesson. Two of the three classes were standing outside waiting for the door to open. When they saw me walking up, they began cheering, yelling "hello!", waving, and jumping around. I walked through the crowd to the door waving, smiling, and saying "hello" back.

This is what it is like to be famous.

It's funny how elementary school students can make you feel like you're their favorite person in the world. ;)

2 comments:

Snapkins

SERIOUSLY. i am a rock star at my elementary school. i wondered just last night if that's what it feels like to be famous.

hahaha.

what's bizarre is when a child walks up and hugs you, and you're all, ...who was that?

Flying with Enoch (Jesse Caron)

I know what you mean. I've been telling people that when I visit our local middle school campuses I've never felt so popular in my life.

I hear my name and I turn around to see them running in my direction.

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP