Saturday, April 25, 2009

Portraits and windshield wiper fluid

YES! I remembered to blog this week! Just barely- but I did!

I am not really sure what to blog about this time, once again.

Last week, I had only elementary school and kindergarten classes. The outcome- lots of energy drained and my Japanese language brain hardly functioned on Friday.

A few 1st graders took a "draw whatever you want" opportunity to draw me!

Here's my favorite of the ones I managed to take home.



Not bad, huh? :)

It's a sweet feeling when kids decide they want to draw you.

The weather has been AWESOME lately. Did I mention that before in an earlier blog? Well, it's true! I love sweater weather more than I can easily say.

Last weekend, I purchased wind shield wiper fluid for the first time in Japan (and second time in my entire life.)

I don't really know what to call the store that I went to- but it had things like auto supplies, insecticides, gardening things, and the like. I guess I can compare it best with Home Depot or Orchard Supply.

Anyway, I've never been to one of those kinds of stores before in Japan. Traveling people and people living somewhere short term don't go to those stores, right?

So walking around that store I felt oddly happy because I felt that for the first time in a very long time that no one would assume that I am a tourist and that I don't know what I am doing (well, anymore than -anyone- would). It sounds weird, but I can't wait until I have another excuse to go there. (haha)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP