Sunday, May 24, 2009

Folllow up

Sorry that this blog entry is late... once again! It's coming a Sunday night tradition, I guess. :)

Last week was rather busy. I had elementary school all 5 days and 4 classes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, AND Thursday (3 classes on Monday). It was pretty exhausting. On top of that, I taught a little 1 hour Japanese lesson after work with the other Hioki city ALTs on Wednesday. Needless to say, I was exhausted.

So I just realized that all of my blogs have been about separate isolated events/ideas and I've provided little follow up on anything. So, I'll go through old entries and tie up loose ends. Starting with most recent entries--

The broadcasting vehicles are finally silent! I overheard the result of the elections announced over the loudspeakers at work and I was immediately relieved to know that this nonsense was finally over.

SWINE FLU! Ok, so that finally reached Japan recently. I guess the spread of swine flu all began with some sort of volleyball tournament in Osaka. It's kind of interesting that this is common knowledge. Anyway, there have been cases of it in the Osaka area and in Tokyo- not down here yet.

Here's a map of known swine flu cases in the world.

People around here are considering it to be only a matter of time. I heard another ALT in this prefecture was told to go to the hospital for what he was certain was just a cold.

The weather has become hot and humid at times, I've been leaving my window open just about all day. At the same time, we've been getting more and more rain because the "rainy season" of Japan, or "tsuyu" is just beginning.

Hmm... I was thinking about going farther than the real recent entries, but now I really feel no need.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP