Tuesday, June 23, 2009

sunburned

The appeal of blogging doesn't seem to exist within me these days.

I know this blog is very late, but I've just been running very short on energy these past few days.

I've been in the process of trying to get my Japanese drivers license. I went to the course during a weekend and practiced once, then I tried the test the following Wednesday and ended up failing. I'm going to try again next week or so. I don't want to go into details about it at this point, but the driving test is on a course, rather than public roads. It's got insane turns, specifics times to look in different directions, and a lot of switching from pushing the gas pedal to slamming the breaks. It doesn't relate a lot to real everyday driving, but I'm sure I'll pass next time or the time after.

Another thing that happened of interest was that I caught fish for the first time. I went to an event at the beach. I thought that we would have poles and what-not, but it ended up being all of us pulling a big net onto the shore. The event started at 6:30, so I had to get up really early to go to it. It was a pretty interesting/fun experience, Along with the fish, we caught a few rays. Sadly, they didn't let them go although I was hoping they would. We also played volleyball, which I didn't suck at too badly. Then some people went surfing (using that term very lightly...) and we had an awesome BBQ. It was a good day, but it was tiring and the sun drained me and burned my skin.

On the topic of work- same old. I am really starting to enjoy it more and more, though. This past week or so, it feels more like actual school time is taking up more of my work hours- which is great.

I suppose that's it. Sorry my blogger bug seems to have stepped out.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP