Sunday, June 14, 2009

The weather and the months

(Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this blog.....)

I got my plane ticket and it's official- I am visiting California for the last two weeks of next month.

It'll be nice to get a break from the hot and humid Japanese weather.

The rainy season started. I guess this happens every year, but there was a big storm here on the first day.

It was INSANE. The wind was blowing so hard that I decided to walk the back way around my building after getting home from work so that the building could block the wind for me. The second I got around the corner, the wind hit and I had to close my umbrella so it wouldn't break.

My umbrella collapsed, my face was suddenly splashed with rain water. I ran the last few remaining steps to the door to my building. The wind tried to knock me off my feet but I regained my balance.

It was rather fun, actually.

Since then, however, the weather has been very clear and nice.

It's funny to think that I've been here almost a full year.

And, because the Chuo summer program from two years ago took place this month and my former trips took place in July, I can say that I've experienced every month in this country now. Still another year to go, too.

This year has been pretty incredible in terms of personal growth- I feel a lot tougher emotionally, secure about who I am, and I actually have a very clear and awesome idea of what I want to do in the future. I managed to save some money, have a good job, and have fun at the same time too.

It's June and August will mark one year, so maybe I am speaking too soon in terms of reflecting.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Salji Fuji' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP